- My parents are getting divorced.
- My best friend is gone and will be for another 18 months, give or take.
- I'm pretty sure I'm going inactive.
- My mother (whom I am incredibly dependent on and very close to) gets more and more mean/intolerant/unforgiving/loud every day.
- I don't have a job.
- I'm at a loss on what I want to major in.
- I doubt I passed all my classes last semester, but am too scared to check.
- My soul sister is busy with her own life.
- I'm pretty sure my boyfriend and I will either kill each other or break up before our anniversary. (probably from my own doing, or because I've driven him nuts - either consciously or subconsciously).
- I don't have any family here.
- I broke the phone I couldn't afford to pay service for.
- I'm doing this thing where I isolate myself and start pushing people away.
- Just realized this time around how self-destructive I am.
- Every time I try to fix it, it gets worse.
- I have nobody.
- I have nothing.
- I'm posting this on the Internet.
Other than that, they seem the perfect amount of isolated for me. Running away sounded like a great idea. Until the Avett Brothers came along on my Rhapsody playlist and ruined all my plans. How could such wonderful beings ruin such a superb plan? Listen to this little number:
...(Sidenote - so no, it wasn't about you, it was about me.)
Which is quite a shame, cause Oregon was seeming quite fabulous, and possible! But I don't personally enjoy a moper, and am a firm believer that if people are sad it is because they want to be sad. So... Even though I don't live in Oregon with my dog, and I have a lot on my plate, I also have:
- A cozy bed.
- Food everyday.
- An education.
- The movie "An Education" for which I only paid 50 cents for.
- The gospel.
- A temple recommend.
- A mother who worries about me and loves me more than I'll ever know.
- The Internet.
- A house.
- All my limbs.
- Nobody has tried to eat my face. (FL cannibal, you know what I'm talkin' about).
- I have a pillow pet.
- I have great friends.
- Who have the best sense of humor in the world. It is their fault entirely that I can't take anything serious.
- Lots of pretty dresses.
- Health (corny, I know, but I think I crossed that line at "socks")
- A very reliable and incredibly nice boyfriend who deserves an equally nice girlfriend, but at the moment, does not have one :(
- And guys, there's a whole red velvet cake sitting on my kitchen counter.
- I also currently have just enough money to buy/rent my fave movie, which should make this all better.
Although the thought of how many people I have to apologize tomorrow promises to push me right back under my covers, I will attempt to be positive, cause nobody likes a Debbie Downer.
P.S. There NEEDS to be a kinfolk event in Utah ASAP. ...and if I got invited, that would be cool too.