Absence

Growing up we didn't have insurance. My step father was an insurance salesman, and he believed it was a bunch of mashugana. Due to the lack of insurance, we never, and I mean basically ever, went to the doctor. When we got sick my mother would make up doctor's notes my mom would just write "mom" notes for school and stuff. So on the rare occasion (twice) we actually were at the doctor's hospital, and we got a doctor's note, I'd always wave it all miss hotsy tots at the secretary at school "I got a Dooooctooor's Nooottee" ....She never understood that to me, that note was pretty much signed from the President and said I could do whatever I wanted because I almost died.

So I've been sick.
You might remember this: Last time my body hated me.
If you don't, that's ok too.


Lemme give you the rundown: Infected tonsils, headaches, fever, nausea, chills, dizziness, eye twitch, body ache, fatigue, and...swollen gums - which is weird. For a whopin' week!

I'm not entirely out of the woods yet, but I did take advantage of the lumberjack. whhaaat? I'm slowly gettin' back in the swing of things, and I'm definitely hating myself for taking so much on this semester, which is most likely why I got sick in the first place.

Anywhoo, today's Labor Day, so...don't wear white anymore* ... and also means a got a little day off, but tomorrow we get back on that horse! I'm really gonna try to hit the ground running, so I'm sure there will be doubters, but this time around I got two doctor's notes, and a fever sore on my lip to prove it: I get to do whatever I want now.




*people back in the day didn't wear white after labor day because it was a sign of wealth to wear different color clothing for different seasons, specifically white pants- summer (think rich folks at a country club. or allie's parents in The Notebook), Labor day signified the end of summer, therefore a faux pas to wear summer clothes in fall.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally hear you saying "I'd always wave it all miss hotsy tots at the secretary at school "I got a Dooooctooor's Nooottee" ...." haha
    But I really really hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete