- You don't have to have the last word in a conversation. There is more power in being the first to silence, than the last to talk.
- A "please" and "thank you" will get you almost anywhere in life. Really.
- God is always on your side. Always. Whether you believe in him, whether you don't. Whether you like him, or you don't. Whether you're a good person or a bad person. He's always on your side. So when bad things/bad days/bad people happen to you, don't blame God. The world is bad. Satan is who perpetuates the bad. When you follow what you know is right, the Lord is bound. He will bless you and protect you from the world. When we falter? He anxiously waits on the other side, cheering us on, because for that moment, we have broken our end of the contract, and as much as he may want to, he's a man of righteousness who cannot break his rules. Do what you know is right. Get your act together. He's so ready and anxious to bless you. Let him, dang it!
- Is this going to be important a year from today? Yes? Fix it. No? Let it go.
- Sad but don't want to cry? Watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
- Always try to see the bigger picture.
- When you feel like you're betraying yourself, you probably are.
- I know you've heard it, but don't be a bad tipper dang it. You know waiters/waitresses make their living off tips, and it says so much about you.
- Want to succeed? Fall in love with looking like a fool. Ex: photographer? you will lay on the floor. Actor? you will shout in British accents at strangers. It's a fact. Take the leap, you will be remembered.
- You don't have to know what the reason is, but the consolation that everything happens for a reason can be pretty powerful. Let it unfold, mmkay?
- You live in a society. I know we all want "stick it to the man" but seriously, just learn from those who have come before you, listen to those who love you, and sometimes, remember your choices don't just affect you.
- Know God is a comic, buy a ticket to the show.
- Love everybody. Everybody. Absorb as much as you can from books, movies, music, and most importantly, people. Take a sec and find something you like about every single person around you. Don't be afraid to speak out to somebody. Reach out. Literally, with your arms, reach out. If you feel awkward hugging people, chances are, if you do it enough times, you'll get used to it. Nothing makes life sweeter than truly delighting in the Human spirit.
Eh I'm a noob. Any wisdom for me? Imma need it! You'll see why soon :)
*this has been an ongoing post for the last three months. so in actuality, it should have a bunch more, but I'm not that wise.