On Sundays We Wear Skirts

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about self-esteem, mostly because mine has been kinda shot down, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure why. I've realized there are a lot of things about myself that make me oh, so uncomfortable. Things that make me feel awkward, and I don't like. The only knowledge I have gained from this is that really, life is gonna suck unless you embrace the uncomfortable. If you're not exactly the person you want to be, that's ok, if you want to change it, cool, if you want to be "true to yourself," also pretty cool. But really, what's worked for me best is knowing that there are always going to be flaws in myself that I see bigger than they actually are, and I can't change everything that makes me, me. There are going to be people luckier, cooler, prettier, smarter, richer, and tougher than me. Ok. Seriously. Just think "OK." Embrace the uncomfortable. I think sometimes we get caught up in trying to deny ourselves a feeling we don't like. "Oh, I hate feeling sad!" "Oh, I hate that I do that!" or even "Oh, I can't be happy right now" and it's dumb. Embrace it. Don't try to fight the feelings that we may not like, but are still beautiful, they're part of life, and they make us grow. The sad, the angry, the disappointment, the pain, the uncomfortable, the weakness, and the flaw - embrace it. Work around it. Move on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I'm on crack and it's late. I'm not really on crack, but it is very, very late. Here are some pictures Ange and I took at the Peace Garden cause we weren't really feeling the day and what's a better dose of medicine for the blues than a photoshoot?
Bam. 




\\ Lions, Tigers, and Bears! Oh, My! //


\\ Squirrel! //




\\ We had a hard time getting comfortable in front of the camera, hahaha //


\\ Photobombed by the gentleman in the back. Tengo flojera of photoshopping him out. //


\\ Once we got the hang of it though, things started comin' along pretty nicely //





\\ We really enjoyed that bridge apparently. //




That's it folks!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm really happy you are blogging again! And this is fantastic. I couldn't agree more lady. And you are GORGEOUS. The end

    ReplyDelete